Tuesday, November 8, 2011

How I clean my bathroom without wasting a nap

I'm not wasting a nap.
As any new mom will tell you, nap times are precious.  Never will an hour fly by so quickly as when you are showering, sleeping, cleaning, trying to have that moment with your DH, ____ (insert activity that is hanging over your head waiting to be done, here) ______.


When Baby Bee was first born, and I was relatively clueless or still holding on to the urge to do it all, I would try to stuff a laundry list (punny) of chores into a nap time.  I would vacuum, unload the dishwasher,  fold laundry and then get frustrated when she would wake up just as I was sitting down with my (now reheated) cup of tea.  It took me a couple of weeks before it dawned on me: DON'T WASTE A NAP!

Now, we are all happier.  Remember: If Mama ain't happy, ain't no one happy.

I designate Baby's morning nap (the one she is SURE to take) ME TIME.  That's when I sit down and try to have my tea.  I will check my email, blog, knit...do whatever it is that I want to do.  Sometimes I shower.  Sometimes I bathe.  I figure that whatever else needs to get done can wait until she is up.  That leads to the title of the post...intriguing, no?
My pretty clean- in under fifteen minutes bathroom. 
I have figured out how to clean the bathroom in less than 15 minutes.  I sometimes do part of it with Baby in the sling and sometimes I do all of it with her in the sling.  Sometimes, I do it while she naps, but it takes only 15 minutes...so I don't waste a nap!  Here's what I do.

Tools:         *denotes green option
Vacuum
Gloves
Paper towels, Clorox wipes, or micro-cloth towel*
All purpose cleaner in a spray.  I use vinegar, water with a splash of essential oil*
Washing Soda, Borax, or Baking Soda *
Toilet sponge or brush (I think toilet brushes are disgusting.  I use a sponge)
Swiffer (w/ wet wipes or microfiber towel*
Vinegar (optional)

Method:

Have all tools assembled

1. Dump some of the powder into the toilet and pour vinegar or spray into bowl, let it sit.
2. Vacuum
3. Don gloves
4. Spray mirror, shower, bath, (bidet), toilet (pay special attention to hinges and inside rim).
5.  Wipe down, rinse if desired
Yes, a picture of the toilet and the ever useful bidet.
6. Using toilet sponge wipe inside of the toilet bowl. Flush.
7. Clean around the edges of the room on hands and knees with spray and towel.
I am of the mind that some people want a clean floor and some want to use a mop. This is my concession.
8. Attach Swiffer wet wipe to Swiffer or microfiber towel* and wipe yourself out the door!

y se fini!

No comments:

Post a Comment